Children’s toys can cost a fortune. This is something every parent knows. So how can you reduce the amount of money you spend on toys?
Here are 9 tips to save money on children’s toys:
1. Don’t buy as many toys
This might sound like an obvious suggestion. The truth is that kids will get over toys quicker if they have too much of a variety to choose from.
So look at limiting the toys you buy and focus on the ones you think your child is more likely to play with. This will save you a lot of money in the long run.
2. Quality over quantity
Cheap toys break quickly. They are made from inferior parts and need replacing more often. How many times are you willing to replace that favourite toy that suddenly broke because it wasn’t particularly well made? Why not invest in something that will last longer instead? Wooden blocks, Legos, and other toys that require imagination may cost a little more at the outset, but will save you money in the long run. [click to read…]
The air system that is in your home is comprised of a complex set of parts that all work together to deliver conditioned air according to the temperature that you prefer. Indoor temperature is an important aspect of your comfort at home and this is why taking good care of the air conditioner is vital.
Maintenance and Performance
- When the performance of your system is low, this has an adverse effect on your comfort and causes problems that can be prevented. A major reason for poor performance is lack of proper maintenance.
- The process of air conditioning is intricately connected and a problem with any of the parts while the system works delivers air that is not properly conditioned to the ideal temperature or results in no conditioned air.
- Constant use, voltage and temperature fluctuations, dirt and debris can all eventually damage your system. Many AC problems are attributed to lack of maintenance. Giving your air conditioner the care that it needs is necessary for longer lasting performance.
- Some homeowners believe that maintaining their air conditioning systems requires too much time and effort. They end up avoiding AC maintenance completely until the system no longer works. In such situations, it is advisable to hire professionals who can schedule regular visits and keep your air conditioning working better for longer.
[click to read…]
Simple techniques can help you clean your home and save money. These are ways to cut down on the cost of cleaning supplies and save time while cleaning. From using coupons to making your own products right at home, maintaining a clean home does not have to be expensive.
Use Fewer Supplies
- There are cleaners that are available for everything but if you buy all of them, your supply of cleaning products would be overwhelming. Use cleaners that can be used for different purposes, these are commonly referred to as multi-purpose cleaners.
- If your goal is to save on the money you use for supplies, these are the type of cleaners that will clean more for less. Set aside some money in your household budget for specialty products to battle tough stains. The good news is that you do not need an extensive supply of products to make sure that your home is clean.
- Use concentrated products and cleansers sparingly because they are usually more expensive. Use reasonable amounts of detergents and water to clean your floors. When you use bleach, avoid adding more than you have to since increasing the amount of bleach will not kill more germs or make cleaning more effective.
[click to read…]
If you are a home owner, then you definitely know how much sacrifice and dedication is required when purchasing a home. Although you may have successfully passed this hurdle, daily home maintenance can easily become a huge expense for you and your family.
However with the right expertise and equipment, you can easily do most minor maintenance activities on your own, thereby saving both time and money. So, if you have been searching for the right equipment to get the job done, here are a few items which will come in handy when carrying out most home repairs and maintenance activities.
Lawn mowing is a common childhood chore which most kids dread. In view of this, some people have opted to hire landscaping companies to mow their lawns. This may save you the extra time and hustle; however the additional costs can quickly pile up. By purchasing a lawn mower, you’ll not only reduce your maintenance costs, but it can also act as a great workout on a hot summer afternoon!
[click to read…]
People often think apartments are for bachelor’s or people living on their own. But, did you know an apartment can be perfect for your family? Not convinced? You will be after you’ve read the article below:
One of the main benefits of apartment living is the community aspect. You’ll be living in a building along with many other people and families. It’s very easy for you and your children to make new friends. People that live in the same apartment building are generally very nice to one another. I think it’s because they all live so close to one another. You know that it’s better off if you get along, rather than have everyone at each other’s throats.
The good thing about living in such a tight community is that it’s a nice place for your family to grow up. Your kids could have best friends a stone’s throw away from them; it can be great! Life is a lot better when you surround yourself with other people and families. You never know when someone in your apartment building can help your family out! [click to read…]
I recently have been spending more time with my grandma. Besides the great company, I have also learned a few “old-time” ways of saving around the house. She grew up during the Depression so she has a very different mindset than my own (mid-twenties). When I started applying some of her methods (along with ones I’ve picked up on my own) I’ve been able to cut down on costs that were actually really quite easy and simple to put into effect.
Here are some of those “old-time” ways of saving I picked up from her…
Use your local resources
We’ve all have gotten into this habit of going out of our way to find the best deals. The problem is that the $50 you may be saving on a new item may only actually come to be $20 (or less) after you figure gas and transit time. Plus, what if you could have done without? Now you’re spending money on things you really didn’t need.
The people growing up during the Depression did a great deal to save money. Mainly, they hunkered down and worked around their local resources, so you went to the local farmers market, you bartered, you found work around the neighborhood, and took care of each other.
Sure, sometimes there are particular items that may come at a premium depending on your location and the culture, but for the most part the local offering is going to be greatly cheaper especially since you could barter with the individual (because they may be someone you know or within your extended network).
[click to read…]
Utility bills can place a strain on your family’s finances at the end of each month. Luckily, there are lots of things you can do to reduce your consumption. We’ll do our best to highlight some great concepts that could help you to save hundreds of dollars every year. The basic rule of thumb is that you need to use less power when heating and running your property. However, there are some devices that could assist too. Just put the advice on this page into practice, and you should notice positive changes very quickly. When all’s said and done, you could spend the money you save on more family holidays. Now, doesn’t that sound good?
Heat one room at a time
There is no need to heat your entire home when everyone is sitting in the same room. So, make sure you switch some of your radiators off during the evening time. That will help you to save a lot of money over the course of twelve months. You can use electric blankets in your kids bedrooms if you think they might get cold. Just switch them on ten minutes before they plan to go to bed. Make sure you don’t forget to turn them off as soon as your child gets under the covers. Electric blankets will use a lot of power if you keep them running for long periods of time.
[click to read…]