Moving home is possibly the biggest financial decision a family will make. Most people look at the market for their next property, but, what if you decided to build a family home instead? Not convinced? Here are some reasons you should give it a shot:
Can Often Be Cheaper Than Buying
There are many cases where building a family home works out a lot cheaper than buying one. Especially if you own some land and know people that have built homes before. In this scenario, you’d be crazy not to build a house as it would be so much more affordable. Plus, you get more control over how much things cost when you build a home. Buying one means you pay what someone else tells you to. Then, you pay fees for surveyors and solicitors, and even a realtor too. Everything adds up, and it’s not under your control. However, when you build, you can find the most affordable contractors and haggle a price. You can also use affordable materials to drop the costs down lower. More importantly, you have no need for a large estate agent or solicitor fees at all. So, if your family wants to move house and save money, then building one may be the cheaper option. [click to read…]
Are your heating expenses skyrocketing? Do you feel like you’re spending too much on heating in your homes? When you stay in a place that is characterized by regular cold climates, you tend to spend more on your home heating. For cold climates and weather, home heating becomes highly imperative. You can go to any length to make sure that your home heating is centralized and you get to spend more money too. However, here are some best practices to reduce your home heating expenses.
It is highly important that you begin to take maintenance into consideration. Regular maintenance of your heating systems make them last longer, thus you won’t have to spend more on repairs. You need to maintain the furnace system, replace worn weather-stripping, and do general and regular servicing of all the heating units. The weather-stripping around doors and windows can get worn-out and torn and allow cold air to come in. Most of the time, the biggest loss of heat in homes come from windows and doors, and this then makes the home occupants turn up the furnace system in order to make them warm.
[click to read…]
We all have to deal with them. The dreaded household finances. It seems like most of us have problems keeping any money left over after we’ve paid off all the essentials. But the truth is that your essentials don’t have to be as expensive as you might believe. Below, we’re going to look at three ways to start spending a lot less on ‘upkeep’. Meaning you have a lot more to put towards your savings and financial planning.
[click to read…]
Children’s toys can cost a fortune. This is something every parent knows. So how can you reduce the amount of money you spend on toys?
Here are 9 tips to save money on children’s toys:
1. Don’t buy as many toys
This might sound like an obvious suggestion. The truth is that kids will get over toys quicker if they have too much of a variety to choose from.
So look at limiting the toys you buy and focus on the ones you think your child is more likely to play with. This will save you a lot of money in the long run.
2. Quality over quantity
Cheap toys break quickly. They are made from inferior parts and need replacing more often. How many times are you willing to replace that favourite toy that suddenly broke because it wasn’t particularly well made? Why not invest in something that will last longer instead? Wooden blocks, Legos, and other toys that require imagination may cost a little more at the outset, but will save you money in the long run. [click to read…]
The air system that is in your home is comprised of a complex set of parts that all work together to deliver conditioned air according to the temperature that you prefer. Indoor temperature is an important aspect of your comfort at home and this is why taking good care of the air conditioner is vital.
Maintenance and Performance
- When the performance of your system is low, this has an adverse effect on your comfort and causes problems that can be prevented. A major reason for poor performance is lack of proper maintenance.
- The process of air conditioning is intricately connected and a problem with any of the parts while the system works delivers air that is not properly conditioned to the ideal temperature or results in no conditioned air.
- Constant use, voltage and temperature fluctuations, dirt and debris can all eventually damage your system. Many AC problems are attributed to lack of maintenance. Giving your air conditioner the care that it needs is necessary for longer lasting performance.
- Some homeowners believe that maintaining their air conditioning systems requires too much time and effort. They end up avoiding AC maintenance completely until the system no longer works. In such situations, it is advisable to hire professionals who can schedule regular visits and keep your air conditioning working better for longer.
[click to read…]
Simple techniques can help you clean your home and save money. These are ways to cut down on the cost of cleaning supplies and save time while cleaning. From using coupons to making your own products right at home, maintaining a clean home does not have to be expensive.
Use Fewer Supplies
- There are cleaners that are available for everything but if you buy all of them, your supply of cleaning products would be overwhelming. Use cleaners that can be used for different purposes, these are commonly referred to as multi-purpose cleaners.
- If your goal is to save on the money you use for supplies, these are the type of cleaners that will clean more for less. Set aside some money in your household budget for specialty products to battle tough stains. The good news is that you do not need an extensive supply of products to make sure that your home is clean.
- Use concentrated products and cleansers sparingly because they are usually more expensive. Use reasonable amounts of detergents and water to clean your floors. When you use bleach, avoid adding more than you have to since increasing the amount of bleach will not kill more germs or make cleaning more effective.
[click to read…]